Terms and Conditions of Service
1) By booking an appointment you accept these terms and conditions which form the basis of any contract between you and Ark Education Barn and agree to abide by these terms and conditions.
2) Ark Education Barn provides an educational service by appointment only. Payment by BACS transfer or cash must be made at the time of booking your appointment.
3) You consent to the use of your personal information when booking an appointment for the purpose of:
b) To provide you with the information or services you have requested.
c) To contact you with regards your appointment.
d) To contact you with regards your views on the service you have received.
e) To notify you from time to time about important changes to our services.
4) We will not pass on or sell your information to any third party. We will take all reasonable precautions to prevent access to your personal information by unauthorised persons and to prevent the accidental loss, destruction, damage, misuse or alteration of your personal information.
5) All persons attending Ark Education Barn must ensure they remain calm, quiet and attentive while around the animals.
6) Persons 16 years old and under must be supervised by a parent, guardian or carer at all times while attending all areas of Ark Education Barn. Whilst visiting Ark Education Barn your children and your belongings are your responsibility.
7) Despite all of our animals being well socialised with people, all animals may unpredictably kick, scratch or bite and it is the responsibility of the attending parent, guardian or carer to ensure that the children within their care are prevented from engaging with our animals without the supervision of Ark Education Barn staff. Despite every effort being made to keep all visitors safe from risk of injury, in the unlikely event of any person becoming injured, Ark Education Barn accepts no responsibility or liability.
8) We cannot accept any liability for any loss, damage or injury to any person or property howsoever caused. Persons using Ark Education Barn do so at their own risk.
9) All visitors are encouraged to engage with our animals. However, we operate a strict policy of hand washing and advise hand washing after every contact with any animals. The use of alcohol gel hand sanitisers are not a substitute for correct hand washing using soap and running water. Hand washing facilities are freely available within Ark Education Barn. Correct hand washing is the sole responsibility of the parent, guardian or carer, not Ark Education Barn staff. Please do not allow children to kiss the animals. The following link provides information for avoiding infections while on farm visits:
10) Eating and drinking is NOT permitted within the Barn.
11) Ark Education Barn is a NO SMOKING site.
12) In the event of an accident first aid can be obtained from Melissa – a trained first aider.
13) Do not allow children to climb on gates or fences.
14) Pregnant women should avoid contact with our goats and sheep.
15) We cannot issue refunds for cancellations. However, if you notify us of a cancellation with at least 24 hours notice we will endeavour, at our discretion, to rearrange your appointment for an alternative date or time.
16) Ark Education Barn reserves the right to refuse entry. Unacceptable behaviour, aggression or violence towards staff or animals will not be tolerated.
17) All persons entering the car park do so at their own risk and neither Ark Education Barn nor any person acting on its behalf is in any way responsible for any loss, injury or damage sustained by them or for loss or damage to vehicles and their contents left within the car park.
The content on this site is owned by Ark Education Barn. NO modification or distribution of the images or its content is allowed without permission.
We’ve taken all reasonable care regarding the accuracy of the information on this website. We can’t accept any liability for any damages arising from reliance upon the information given on this website.
WHO WE ARE
We are Ark Education Barn and our website address is: http://www.arkedbarn.com.
At the moment we are not accepting comments but when we do, the following paragraphs will apply.
When visitors leave comments on the site we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
If you upload images to the website, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the website.
If you leave a comment on our site you may opt in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
If you visit our login page, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after 1 day.
EMBEDDED CONTENT FROM OTHER WEBSITES
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
WHO WE SHARE YOUR DATA WITH
If you request a password reset, your IP address will be included in the reset email.
HOW LONG WE RETAIN YOUR DATA
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognise and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
For users that register on our website (if any), we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
WHAT RIGHTS YOU HAVE OVER YOUR DATA
If you have an account on this site, or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
WHERE WE SEND YOUR DATA
Visitor comments may be checked through an automated spam detection service.