Welcome to Ark Education Barn, where the animals teach two by two.
We are in an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty with an abundance of wildlife and stunning scenery. We offer education in animal welfare and husbandry coupled with animal handling, companionship and mental health awareness for all ages, specialising in:
1) Children with SEN special educational needs.
2) Key stage 1-5 mainstream education.
3) Those who are home educated.
4) Those wanting to pursue a career in animal-related professions, including Veterinary Science.
5) Those requiring mental & physical health support via animal assisted therapy.
6) Those in need of animal contact, connection and companionship.
7) Those who just like animals but never get the opportunity to:
a) Have a discussion with a Donkey
b) Chat with a Chicken
c) Hang out with an Alpaca
d) Act the goat with a Goat
e) Become sentimental with a Sheep
f) Horse around with a Shire.
For those children that have a fear of animals, please don’t be anxious. You can be as involved as you want to be.
There are areas within the farm where you can ‘just be you’ – ride a bike, touch and smell the environment, take a walk around the quiet relaxing paths or even sit quietly on a big old tyre and take in the beautiful surroundings.
We have full disabled toilet facilities and all areas are accessible for wheelchairs, pushchairs and buggies.
Children aged 16 and under must be supervised by an accompanying adult at all times and throughout the educational session (see terms and conditions).
Educational sessions are by appointment only, Tuesday – Saturday and are limited to a maximum of 12 participants. Groups bookings as well as one-to-one experiences can be catered for.
For further information and to book an educational or support session please call Melissa on 07976 596483.